Monday, September 24, 2018

Back to Saranda

As the days got fewer, we were heading back to Saranda. If things had been perfect, I would've had a car, and stayed in Himara, driving to all of the small beaches to the North and South of the town. However, that wasn't the case, and as Mom wasn't very appreciative of sometimes wavy Ionian Sea, a decision was made.

Another furgon ride and I felt robbed, as I explained in an earlier post. But that's how some of the Albanians roll.

We stayed at a friend of a friend's hotel near the previous one in Saranda. It wasn't right next to the Promenade, but very close, and much cheaper than the original was. The rooms were very nice, owner and staff very friendly and breakfast very good. So I would suggest it to anyone.

While back in Saranda, I met up with Aneta, who had made things happen for my hunt for a nice beach lot for a B&B. A very nice young couple drove us to see some lots near beaches all the way up to Borsh, which was over half-way to Himara.


I saw so much along the way, and met many people. There were also lots of animals minding their business along the road, and didn't seem bothered by us trying to get through.

Goats at Lukova Beach

Horses at Lukova Beach

Luckily, I had Aneta with me, and with her help, we were able to get information out of the locals. When I come back though, I need a better command of the language!

On our way, I friendly guides took us to one of their hotels, as well as a pretty old village of Lukova.

 

Aneta wanted to move to this pretty little village :) 



I didn't enter into the negotiations for this little donkey, sorry Juhi!


The village gets its water from a nearby spring, and it is ran to each house through this channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment